Friday, November 7, 2008

Birding in the Desert

One of the reasons we moved to Green Valley was for the birding. It is the ideal place if you like birds and birding. Madera Canyon, a world premier birding destination, is only fifteen minutes from our house. We had gone up to Madera one morning to do a little birding and met a couple from Estonia (Eastern Europe) who had come to this area strickly to bird.

Bob would bird everyday if he could. It is definately his passion. I enjoy it, but I am not nearly as skilled as he is and that can be frustrating. I do like getting out and hiking though, and I love taking pictures; and if I see a bird I've never seen before, WOW, what a thrill.

Bob indulged me and posed for a picture in Madera Canyon.

This was one of our trips up to Proctor Trail in Madera Canyon. We not only saw birds, but this Whitetailed deer was eating the acorns that had fallen on the ground.
When we went in to get our new Arizona license
plate, Bob wanted a personalized plate, and luckly this one wasn't taken. Boomer is checking out the new license plate which is evidence of our passion for the sport (is birding a sport?).
Just a few of the birds I have taken pictures of on various outings: Acorn Woodpecker; Cardinal; Cactus Wren; Great Egret; and Curve Billed Thrasher.

1 comment:

Riley Monroe said...

great pictures, but what's with the guy in the funny hat?