Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in the desert

Everyone who knows me knows that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love to cook, and I don't feel like Thanksgiving has been commercialized like other holidays. This year, our first in Arizona, my brother Kent and sister-in-law Lesley came from Casa Grande to spend the holiday with us. We also invited Shirley and Cliff Jantz to join us.
Bob happily made Shirley and Lesley martinis while Cliff waits for the turkey!
Bob, Kent, Shirley, and Lesley visiting before dinner.
We had a wonderful dinner and for dessert the neighbors down the street and their company came over and we all enjoyed desserts together.
Bob, Scott, Boomer, and Norm are engrossed in a football game.
Yvonne, Shirley and Cindy smile for the camera.
We miss our family and friends in Idaho, but we have made so many nice friends here and having Kent and Lesley and these friends helped me not be quite so homesick on my first Thanksgiving away from Idaho.

No comments: