Saturday, February 27, 2010

OUR MORNING WALK

We had heard that there were Lawrence's Goldfinches in the neighborhood so on our walk this morning we did get to see one. In the picture below I was taking a picture of the little Lawrence Goldfinch, which you can barely see behind the rock, but a closer look at the picture shows a bunny rabbit hiding behind the prickly pear cactus. I didn't even see it until I put the pictures on the computer! This Norther Cardinal flew down the walking path in front of us as we walked. This was the best picture I could get of him. He is so beautiful this time of year!
There is still quite a bit of snow in the Santa Rita's. Thank goodness it's up there and not down here.
In this picture (see the arrow) a little Vermilion Flycatcher was flying just far enough in front of us that I couldn't get a very good picture, but he is there.
As we were walking back home, this female Norther Cardinal was in an Ocotillo and she let me have a pretty good look at her.
It was chilly this morning. I am still looking forward to warmer weather, maybe next week!

No comments: