Sunday, September 26, 2010

THIS WEEK IN G.V.

We had a quiet week here in Green Valley. It was way too hot to go out much, but last night we did have an interesting cloud formation. That happens here a lot!
At the first of the week we had some storm clouds move in, alas, no rain, but there were some pretty rainbows.
Below: Meet Larry Lizard. Larry was just tiny last year, and we pretty much forgot he was in our backyard. When we came from Idaho, there he was; and he's a big boy now. He hangs out all over our backyard, and he sleeps in Bob's palm Christmas tree.
The other day I looked out the window and there was a Roadrunner; I'm sure he was looking for Larry, as Roadrunners love to eat lizards. So I went out and shooed him, but he didn't budge! Then Bob came out and shooed and he finally ambled off, thankfully without Larry for lunch!
I decided to give Boomer a shower. I took him into the bathroom and he flew off my hand and ran under the chester drawers where he hid and wouldn't come out.
I didn't dare reach in to drag him out as he would have bitten me, so I just left him there for a while and eventually he wandered out. He still got his shower!!
We also had the snake incident this week which is in the following blog. Exciting here in Green Valley, isn't it?

No comments: