Tuesday, February 3, 2009

THE BIRDS

Since one of the things we love about Arizona is all the different birds, I thought I would show you some of the different birds we have seen lately.
A Brewer's Sparrow:
A couple of Acorn Woodpeckers:
A Cactus Wren investigating a peanut:
A Cactus Wren perched on a Saguaro Cactus:
Curved-billed Thrasher:
These were two Common Ravens that were sitting together on a rock. They look like they are just shadows:
A House Finch at our bird feeder:
A Gilded Flicker, which is different from the Northern Flicker we have in Idaho:
A Mexican Jay:
Lesser Goldfinches:
A Lark Sparrow:
Northern Mockingbird:
A Say's Phoebe which is part of the Flycatcher family: One of my favorites, a Phainopepla.

A Red-winged Blackbird:

And one of my very favorites, a Pyrrhuloxia (sometimes known as the Mexican Cardinal):

1 comment:

Riley Monroe said...

great pictures I wish I could make them larger.